With Diwali around the corner, everyone is busy making various sweets and delicacies. I agree that this is the season to rejoice and binge over sweets like never before, but a person like me who prefers lightly sweet desserts, there needs to be a getaway! That’s the reason why Abbu always end up taking my share of Diwali sweets because halfway through, I feel done… sigh!
Hence, I googled to search for desserts which are light at sweetness and still satisfy the taste buds of a dessert lover. I ended up finding a lot of recipes, but the one I tried at home was Lemon Posset. It is sweet and tangy and the texture is rich and creamy. I am sure, my readers are going to love it and would try making it at home.
Lemon Posset is a simple recipe which needs a bit of technicality to go with it. The result however is satisfying to the T.
- Cream: 300 ml
- Caster Sugar: 75 gm
- 1 Lemon’s Juice and Zest
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Add the above mentioned amount of cream and caster sugar in a pan or vessel.
- Boil the mixture for 3 minutes (precise) while continuously stirring the mixture to avoid any lumps and to develop consistency.
- After exactly 3 minutes, cool down the mixture to room temperature by stirring it.
- Add the Lemon Juice and Zest to the mixture and stir well.
- Transfer the Lemon Posset to tiny bowls or cups, as per your liking.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top it with mint leaves or lemon slices or sliced fruits for added texture and for crunch, garnish with nuts or crushed digestive biscuits.
- Lemon Posset is ready… yay!!!
Isn’t this recipe simple and delicious. Do try making this for Diwali and your guests will like it for sure.