With the passing years, the amount of destruction and damage caused to humans, be it physically or emotionally, has increased. We tend to overlook our health in the long run, which later shows up with adverse effects on our skin, hair, and body. In today’s times, stress and panic are a common part of our lives, which directly show up on our skin and hair. Hairfall, hair damage, greying of hair, split ends, dandruff, scalp inflammation, hair follicle damage are a few things to name when it comes to hair. Inflammation, psoriasis, acne, breakouts, whiteheads, blackheads, patches, dry skin, itchy skin are a few issues that occur to skin due to our everyday cacophony. Don’t you agree?
Our progressive minds have gone back to our roots when it comes to health these days. We are looking for solutions to our answers from our history, the way our ancestors cured these ailments through natural methods and techniques because that is where the answer lies actually. Let me share with you a secret ingredient in my haircare regime that has been a part of my life since my childhood, and it has helped me to keep my tresses shiny and voluptuous, like my granny. The answer is sesame oil. There are many sesame oil benefits for hair
Sesame Oil is considered one of the oldest oils known to humankind. In fact, it is deemed auspicious in Indian Mythology and referred to as the symbol of immortality. If you dive deeper, sesame oil is often used as the base oil in Ayurvedic treatments. You can also find it in our kitchen, used in the pickling of vegetables, or for cooking. This powerful and ancient oil is definitely a knight in shining armour for Indians for ages.
So, let me share with you some sesame oil benefits for hair and why is it important
- Sesame Oil is obtained from the seeds of Sesame (‘til’ in Hindi). It has anti-bacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties, which help rescue our hair from several bacterial and inflammatory issues or hair problems.
- Our hair will flourish if given the right amount of nutrition, but since we resort to unhealthy consumption once in every while, it indirectly impacts our hair health. Sesame Oil is enriched with nutrients such as Vitamin B1, Calcium, Copper, Phosphorus, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, and Zinc, which helps in treating some types of hair loss, reduces hair thinning, and improve hair growth.
- In the current scenario, dry hair is a common problem, leading to dandruff, dry scalp, frizziness, and hair breakage. Sesame Oil contains healthy fatty acids like palmitic acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, oleic acid, and stearic acid, which help to combat dryness problems, softening your scalp, and strands that make your hair look smoother and shinier.
- With hair masks trending in the internet space, we see how people resort to crazy ingredients to help make their hair shine. We can use Sesame Oil to make hair masks as it will cater to reducing dandruff, split ends, hair breakage, and promote healthier, stronger hair. Gel it up with Coconut Oil as the base oil and apply it for a minimum of one hour before your shower.
- Hair Oil and Head Massage go hand in hand. Sesame Oil is a classic head massage oil, which is known to reduce headaches and helps to nourish your hair roots. It boosts your hair growth and promotes a calm mind. Destress with a Sesame Oil Head Massage once a week for ten to fifteen minutes and unravel the magic. It will work great for warm oil.
I hope that my insight on sesame oil benefits for hair would be beneficial for you and that you will try to include it in your hair care regime to see how it helps you solve all your hair-related problems. Please share your views in the comment section.