Change, they say, is a feeling, which impacts others, but not before impacting us too.
I’ve always believed in this notion and hence, thought of sharing a list of Random Acts Of Kindness.
As most of them are aware, I’m going to start a column soon, on my blog, called the “Make A Difference” Section, which will feature articles and posts written by bloggers and writers, from across the globe, sharing about their ways of bringing about a positive change in the world. Together, we can witness, an array of deeds by individuals and see how goodness is still intact in this world and how we can help in making this world, a better place.
I’ve compiled a list of ideas, which can be used as an inspiration by the bloggers or writers, who are willing to participate on my blog, in this campaign, to create their posts.
50 Ideas for Deeds Of Kindness & Change
1. Befriend the lonely person
2. Introduce yourself to your neighbors
3. Compliment a stranger
4. Adopt an animal from the pound
5. Donate your talents’
6. Send paper thank you notes
7. Pay for the coffee, the toll, or the bus fare for the person behind you
8. Let the person who seems rushed cut in front of you
9. Hold your tongue – Pause before speaking or writing when you are mad, agitated or doubtful
10. Be empathetic – Really try to put yourself in the other person’s shoes
11. Be thoughtful – Did your co-worker have a bad day today? Bring her a coffee tomorrow morning.
12. Hold the door open for someone
13. Be thankful
14. Be encouraging
15. Let people merge-in during traffic
16. Help people move
17. Say “Thank you”, a lot – Everyone works hard. Thanks are especially important to the postal worker, the government employee, the DMW clerk, the bus driver, the grocery store cashiers (especially when you bring up all that produce and they have to look-up every single code) and baggers
18. Call your parents and tell them you love them
19. Let your partner watch their show – And don’t roll your eyes or huff and puff about it
20. Don’t be annoying – Make a conscious effort to avoid doing the things you know annoy your spouse (or roommates)
21. Send your friend a letter
22. Spread your skills – If you have a skill (photography, outfit styling, cooking, website programming, etc.) and you know someone who has expressed an interest in what you do offer to teacher them what you know
23. Give freely – Go through your things and give freely to those in need
24. Have a shirt that your friend always compliments you on? Why not give it to her?
25. Offer to get groceries for your friend or relative who has a broken leg or other mobility problem
26. Make extra copies of photos and send them to the people who are in the images
27. Offer to help your friend unpack
28. Give warm clothes, shoes, and boots to the homeless
29. Help someone whose car has broken down
30. Connect people to each other
31. Reach out to a person who has made a difference in your life
32. Listen when no one else wants to
33. Be patient
34. Try to find goodness in the person you don’t like
35. Ask someone if they’ve lost some weight or tell them that they’re “just glowing”
36. Know someone who just had a baby or other major life event? – Bring a meal, offer to clean up their house or do a load of laundry for them.
37. Do you know that your partner hates doing the dishes but you don’t really mind doing them? Do them.
38. Don’t nag – Even if you really, really, really want to
39. Be kind to yourself – Make peace with your past mistakes. Use that knowledge to help others who might be going through the same thing.
40. Let it go
41. Do nice things and don’t tell anyone about it
42. Notice a kid being well-behaved? – Tell their parents how good they are while the kid is standing there. It will encourage the kid to continue being good, and will make the parents feel good.
43. Bring donuts or other delicious sweets to work
44. Give chocolate generously and often;)
45. Tell your boss how much you like working for them and how much you’ve learned from them over the years
46. Bake a cake for the birthday person
47. Don’t complain
48. Be the eternal optimist of the group
49. Recognize the good in others
50. Look for the best in the situation
Keep tuned in for Part – II of Inspirational Ideas 🙂
If you wish to be a part of the Deeds Of Change Drive, click here for submission details.
Content Courtesy: AndThenWeSaved.com