Who says being healthy is difficult?
Everyone does! Well, according to me, the term “Healthy” is subjective and differs from person to person. Some associate it with a gym or yoga session in the morning, while for many its about being controlled eating habits. If you ask me about my go-to way of being healthy, I would say that it is not just about the heart or mind or body but all of these.
So today, let me share MY way about how I try to keep myself healthy and happy. I love to stay organized and to keep up with the latest trends and ideas. Staying healthy is not just about the physical aspect but also about being mentally fit and happy from the soul. Being healthy, according to me, is the perfect amalgamation of inner happiness, physical ability, and mental peace.
So what’s my notion or way to stay healthy?
When it comes to bodily health, I prefer simple ways as the following like:
- Drinking lots of water as staying hydrated itself helps to combat a number of ailments and diseases. It further helps me in achieving a glowing skin and also aids in proper digestion.
- Daily exercise, even if it be of mere 15 minutes can suffice for flexible and strengthened muscles. It also helps me in being active.
- Proper sleep of minimum 8 hours is what I follow every day to ensure proper rest to my body and mind. I believe that a sound sleep can make one feel fresh and energized to kick-start a new day.
Apart from staying hydrated, performing regular exercises and having a sound sleep, there is also the need to be mentally active and sound. Thus,
- I always make a list everyday in the morning of what I need to achieve or accomplish in the day, even if it be grocery shopping. One always feel content to check those lists once done.
- Whenever I am blogging or working on anything, I make sure that I don’t exhaust myself and lose attention, thus I follow the 50:10 rule, as in, I work for 50 minutes and then take a 10 min break or rest which helps me to refocus and concentrate.
- Reflecting daily for about 10 minutes, at the end of the day about how my day was, about my shortcomings, about my strengths and trying to learn from them.
- Reading newspaper or books or magazines on a daily basis to stay in touch with the happenings around the world.
I believe the above has always been of great help for me, as it helps me to stay organized and maintained on a daily basis, and also made me mentally active and sharp. Lastly, the ways that I follow to stay soulfully happy and sound are:
- Expressing gratitude and being happy about the things that I have and be grateful for the blessings. It is always a good habit to show gratitude as it inculcates humbleness and a feeling of content in us and can help in reducing the risks of depression and anxiety.
- De-cluttering the house helps me in having a focused life and also cleanliness inspires a positive attitude and motivates me to work more and in a better way.
- Indulging in favorite activities like listening to music, playing with my pet or gardening every day gives me a sense of happiness and provides the space and freedom to do things I love. This only helps me in improving my mood and to de-stress myself.
So, the secret is out, finally! These are the ways, MY ways, through which I try to keep my body, mind, and soul, happy and healthy. I believe they not only are simple habits to inculcate but can be effective to develop a healthy lifestyle in the long run. What’s your say?
Lastly, also check this lovely video by Saffola which encouraged me to share my health tips with everyone and believe that it will inspire you as well.
I am joining Saffola #ApneTareekeSeHealthy initiative and sharing my ways of being healthy in association with BlogAdda